We often pick up the phone and hear “I haven’t filed tax returns in … well … I don’t know how long. But I know I need to do something.”
“Non-filers” often rent a lot of “space in their head” wondering about this common predicament. In fact, our most popular blog post is about what to do when you haven’t filed in a long time.
- We solve the non-filer puzzle - by first researching your record with the IRS. We do this stealthily without “stirring up the bee’s nest” via e-services.
- Our research will determine what you’ll need to file.
- You can usually file six and relinquish your worry—often our recommendation is to file fewer years.
- If there is no big balance due, we try to leave you with a “template” for future tax compliance.
- If there’s no way around filing the returns and you will owe the IRS, we will assist you at a settlement with them or some other arrangement.