Personal Information We May Collect:
To meet your needs during tax representation, tax return preparation, and tax compliance engagements for you, we may collect various types of personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you directly (either by phone, mail, e-mail, fax, or otherwise), through our website, on internal worksheets, and/or on other documents or forms we use in preparing your tax return(s) or providing other services for you.
- Information we receive from others about your transactions or relationships with them. Such information includes, for instance, investment, loan or banking activity, balances or account numbers, legal agreements and documents, and other information we gather in the course of providing services to you.
- Information we receive from you when your browser interacts with our website. This could include information transmitted on internet “cookies,” such as your password to our site, your preferences on the site, and your internet service provider’s address.
When We May Share Personal Information with Others:
We do not share any personal information about you with anyone without your express consent, except as permitted or required by law and as described below:
- The law permits or requires disclosure in certain instances, such as if we must share information to protect against fraud, in response to a court subpoena, or as part of actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternate dispute resolution.
- We may share any information we collect (except for consumer reporting agency information, which we do not disclose) to nonaffiliated companies which perform support services on our behalf (such as tax or data processing, transmission of electronic returns or data, records retention, and mailing services). We do not sell or otherwise disclose our client list or any of your information to outside companies for their marketing or solicitation use.
- We may also share your information with other parties who help assure our compliance with professional accounting standards (such as peer review), or who conduct due diligence procedures, such as if we consider a sale or merger of our practice.
How We Protect the Confidentiality and Security of Your Personal Information:
As EAs and Attorneys, our professional ethical obligations and responsibilities demand no less than the highest regard and duties for the confidentiality of your personal information and the security of your privacy. Keeping your information confidential and secure is of utmost importance to us. We take the following measures to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information:
- We will protect your personal information, use it only as necessary, and perform our engagements to always maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- We follow standard industry practices to actively protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your personal information.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to keep your personal information secure.
- Our employees are bound by internal confidentiality policies and are subject to disciplinary action for any policy violations.
Washington Tax Services wants to thank you for the opportunity to assist and serve you and/or your business with your tax situation. Your satisfaction with our services is extremely important to us. Please call us anytime you have questions or we may be of further service.
Washington Tax Services LLC