Jay Freeborne

by Jay Freeborne, Enrolled Agent

WATAX - our company - is over 30 years in the business of helping people solve their tax problems. In our history: we have had Tax Attorneys, CPAs, and Enrolled Agents on staff. Currently, we have three Enrolled Agents: Jay Freeborne, Jason Jones, and Pamela Raines.

Experience and Knowledge is Most Important
When shopping for tax representation - it isn't the exact license that is important ...but rather the tax professional's experience and knowledge. This experience can't be boilerplated by a degree or license. The knowledge can only be gained thru repeated practice of tax resolution cases - again and again and again. Ms. Raines and I, for example - have over 40 years of experience between us - handling the weirdest tax resolution cases under the sun - both collections, audits and examinations.

Attorneys - Unique for Tax Court and Criminal Representation
Tax or just plain-old attorneys come in handy if you have a Criminal Tax case or a Tax Court case. Only an attorney can represent you on those cases UNLESS you find an Enrolled Agent with tax court accreditation. In the 17 years I have worked at Washington Tax Services -- I have seen 3 Criminal Cases and a total of zero cases worth of Tax Court - as there are so many better venues for audit resolution than Tax Court. Both are very rare beasts indeed.

Fees $$$ - Attorneys vs. Enrolled Agents
To become an Attorney is an expensive endeavor. And that expense is often passed on to you - the consumer. We have found in our 25 plus years that Washington Tax Service's cost is far lower than the average Tax Attorney.

Have a tax problem you need solve? Want a highly experienced professional analyze your situation for FREE?

Call Washington Tax at 1-888-282-4697 and we will tell you in about 10 minutes whether your problem requires representation. If it does NOT - we will give you free advice to handle the tax problem yourself. If it is the weekend - EMAIL us your situation HERE and we'll call you during the weekdays.

Posted In
Registered members of the National Association of Enrolled Agents.

Call and talk with a tax expert for free:
(888) 282-4697

or email us now