If you received an IRS CP2000, CP2501 or 3219A letter, it means that you didn't report all of your income on your 1040 form to the IRS and their computers caught it.
You can benefit with professional IRS audit assistance to help sort out the best approach to resolve a tax audit.
Most common triggers for an IRS tax audit:
- Sold your home and didn't report it? They caught the transaction with the form 1099-S
- You sold goods on Ebay or Etsy and didn't report the income on the 1099-K?
- You cashed out your 401k and didn't report the 1099R?
- You sold stocks or exercised stock options but didn't report them correctly?
- You didn't report your Bitcoin sales.
- You did contract work but didn't report your income and deductions from 1099-MISC.
Whatever triggered your IRS CP2000 letter, you along with a trusted tax professional need to address it to avoid taxes and penalties. WATAX has 30+ years experience assisting folks resolving issues with unreported income.