April 22, 2012 by Jay Freeborne

As most tax clients are NOT in the same zip code as Washington Tax Services, I wanted to share in this post HOW we handle cases for our customers when they might be 3000 miles away or even 8000 miles away if you live abroad.

First, as our staff comprises Enrolled Agents --What is an Enrolled Agent? -- our licensing is NATIONAL -- the IRS in any state will speak to us. 

Second, our customer will be faxing or scanning to us two documents so we can represent them from afar:

1. The 2848 form - Power of Attorney http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2848.pdf and  2. The 8821 form - Tax Information Authorization http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2848.pdf  These forms will be preferably scanned or faxed to us, BUT will accept them in the mail as well (of course).

Third, our customer may be filling out a questionnaire for us.  This will also be emailed but it might be mailed or faxed as needed.

Fourth and finally, phone communication will also be key.  You will have direct access to your representatives via phone between Pacific Standard Time hours.

Bottomline is tax representation for out-of-state customers -- the great bulk of our business -- is pretty seamless and smooth in the internet age.  It is made more helpful when our client has an email address, a PRINTER and better yet:  the ability to SCAN forms to us.  But as we have operating since the 1980's, we can handle communication the old-school way if necessary.

Out of the country?  Outside the Pacific Northwest?  Give me a call 1-866-525-7302 or email me at [email protected] and I will diagnose your tax issue and other a solution.  Jay Freeborne, Washington Tax Services.

Call and talk with a tax expert for free:
(888) 282-4697

or email us now