Jay Freeborne

by Jay Freeborne, Enrolled Agent

You might be an individual or couple who is owing taxes for the first time in 2012. You filed your taxes as late as you could on October 15th - and you are wondering when the IRS might start sending letters to collect their debt?

Well - if you only owed them a small amount - $10,000 or less - you might have sent in a request for an installment agreement with form 9465. However - if you owed more than $10,000 you might have been skittish about sending in that agreement. It is safe to say that in December, you will begin to get notices asking for payment of your debt. If you already owed the IRS for previous years and were in an installment agreement, you should expect that this new balance will default your previous agreement and a new resolution of your case will need to be pursued: that resolution could be an Offer in Compromise, a new more affordable agreement or noncollectable status.

Owe for 2012 for the first time? did you default your installment agreement by owing for 2012? For 30 years, WATAX has been solving every kind of tax problem. Call us at 1-888-282-4697 or email us a description of your tax issue and we'll contact you.

Posted In
Registered members of the National Association of Enrolled Agents.

Call and talk with a tax expert for free:
(888) 282-4697

or email us now