So let's do some scorekeeping. Of the high volume tax resolution companies:
Still in business but facing legal action :
1. Taxmasters, Houston TX - Sued by Minnesota and Texas Attorney General NOW CLOSED
2. JK Harris, South Carolina - Lost Class Action Lawsuit, paying $ million to State of Texas AG, now in contempt to Tennessee AG and Florida AG. NOW CLOSED
No Legal Action
3. Tax Resolution Services, Encino, CA - STILL alive in 2015
4. 2020 , Colorado - STILL alive in 2015.
5. Omni, Colorado/Florida, STILL alive in 2015.
Out of business:
6.American Tax Relief: Shut down by the Federal Trade Commission
7. Roni Deutch: Assets Frozen by California Court
p.s. Among the issues described in the state's lawsuit against her, Deutch allegedly lent her brother $12,000 to start his own tax resolution company: the Juceam Group http://www.thejuceamgroup.com/ instead of paying back the $435,000 in refund requests that the State told her to fulfill. By 2015 - that matter had been settled by Mr. Juceam.
This is an archive post of the Tax Problem Resolution Blog from 2011.
For 30 years, WATAX has been solving every kind of tax problem. Call us at 1-888-282-4697 or email us a description of your tax issue and we'll contact you.