Jay Freeborne

by Jay Freeborne, Enrolled Agent

Many tax problem cases need to be resolved early in 2014 as IRS deadlines pushed their cases to this current time of year. However - what can you do when you also will owe for tax year 2013? It is still too early to do 2013 as all of the docs and bookkeeping isn't done or available. So what to do?

We are finding that we have to "band-aid" these cases by - working up a payment plan with the IRS, fully expecting that these payment plans will "default" later when the IRS realizes the client owes for 2013. Then - once 2013 has posted - we resolve the case AGAIN - by presenting new information to the IRS which resolve all of the balances due including 2013.

If you owe for 2013 - don't despair , just realize that your tax problem might have to be resolved TWICE. If at all possible - pay your 2014 estimated taxes if you are going to pay anything!

Owe for 2013? Is the IRS sending you aggressive letters? Are you getting levied? For 30 years, WATAX has been solving every kind of tax problem. Call us at 1-888-282-4697 or email us a description of your tax issue and we'll contact you.

Posted In
Registered members of the National Association of Enrolled Agents.

Call and talk with a tax expert for free:
(888) 282-4697

or email us now