Here are some basic tips for shoppers:
1. Avoid firms that cold call tax liens. We think this is a troubling and misleading practice. "Closers" who desperately need to reel you in -- have neither the licensing nor the knowledge to make sure that hiring them is in your best interest. The Legal Case Against Cold Calling Tax Liens
2. If someone is hard selling you -- It's time to get off the phone. You should be completely free to hire a tax professional at your own volition.
3. If the fee is higher than $2500.00 -- There better be a good justification and NO -- saving you thousands of dollars by settling your debt is NOT a good enough justification.
4. If they're insist on getting your money now -- That is never a good sign. You should be free to read the documents that they send and hire them at your own pace.
5. Have access to a tax professional -- Enrolled Agent, CPA or Tax Attorney -- if the "consultant" is not licensed, ask him or her 1. what the name of the tax professional(s) on staff is, and 2. Their CAF # -- This is the Centralized Authorized Unit # that the IRS has on the professional. Just to be sure that you are covered.
Those are a few tips for now. If you want an honest no-pressure analysis of your case, Give us a call at watax.com at 1-888-282-4697. Staff of Washington Tax
Those are a few tips for now. If you want an honest, no-pressure analysis of your case, call us at 1-888-282-4697 or email us a description of your tax issue and we'll contact you.