Most Common Tax Resolution -- Currently Not Collectible

If you or your tax professional can demonstrate to the IRS an inability to pay back your debt, the IRS will often grant you "currently NOT collectible" or "CNC" as they call it.

If you do have equity in real estate -- be prepared to get a denial letter from at least two lenders -- showing that you can't pull money out the house/land. Go to or another lender to get that rejection letter. Be sure also to keep your APPLICATION, showing how much money you asked for in the loan request. Always ask for a little more than what you owe the IRS.

Is 2024 the year to solve your tax issue? WATAX is ready to assist you now. Please call us at 1-888-282-4697 or email us a description of your tax issue and we'll contact you promptly.

Contact Us