Marty M. Griffith

by Marty Griffith, Senior Tax Consultant

If you're a business that's forgotten to file your 941's, the IRS might file them for you. They file these Substitute for Returns (SFR's) by collecting your W3 information (which summarizes your employee W2's), which is found at the SSA. The IRS usually get the amounts correct. But you certainly can refile the 941's to replace the "SFR's."

What if you didn't file W2's either? That's definitely a situation where you'll benefit from calling us. In almost all circumstances, you want to file the W2's because you owe it to your employees who had paid into the system for themselves. But there's a lot of issues to discuss, particularly when your business is closed or closing, etc.

Washington Tax Services has been in business 26 years and solves all kinds of 941 issues, no matter how ugly or complex. Please email us a description of your tax issue and we'll contact you. Or call us at 1-888-282-4697 Monday to Friday and our experts will discuss your 941 issues with you.

Registered members of the National Association of Enrolled Agents.

Call and talk with a tax expert for free:
(888) 282-4697

or email us now