Tax Relief Industry

How to Get a Refund From a Tax Relief Company

So, you got ripped off. The tax relief company you hired doesn't answer your calls anymore. Or they closed your case demanding an excessive reopening fee. Or you got tired talking to your seventh representative on your case. The list goes on and on.

Is there a prayer of getting your money back?

When a potential client calls us and has had a bad experience with a previous tax relief company, here is the advice we provide regarding getting a refund:
1. Find out what professionals were on the Power of Attorney - form 2848 that you signed. This is absolutely essential.You need to identify what LICENSED TAX PROFESSIONAL you hired. Licensed tax professionals like Enrolled Agents, CPAs or Tax Attorneys have an ethical standard to uphold.
2. Write a refund request letter, and be sure to identify the licensed tax professional as one of the CC's.

3. In your refund request letter, be sure to indicate that you will be reporting the TAX PROFESSIONAL to the Office of Professional Responsibility - Internal Revenue Service -- IRS - OPR Address, if you don't get your money back. Also indicate you will go to both the BBB and to the Attorney General of the state in which the company is based.

4. Establish a deadline in which you plan to hear back from them. Mention that if you don't hear back from them, you will report their professional(s) to the authorities.

5. Be sure to send a letter and a copy of the letter to each tax professional listed on the 2848 form.

You ultimately want to trigger the licensed tax professional to walk into the manager's office AND tell the manager to refund your money. If their licensed tax professionals like us, they don't want to lose their license.

Is 2024 the year to solve your tax issue? WATAX is ready to assist you now. Please call us at 1-888-282-4697 or email us a description of your tax issue and we'll contact you promptly.

Contact Us